Advanced Home Health is dedicated to providing compassionate, high-quality home health services to the people of Eastern Idaho in collaboration with a skilled multidisciplinary team of healthcare professionals.
The spine is comprised of three major components:
(Including bones and discs)
(Spinal cord and nerve roots)
(Muscles and ligaments)
Success from your spinal procedure is largely determined by the rehabilitation process, which begins before surgery.
What follows are four critical steps that help aid in your full recovery.
Preparing the Home
Prior to surgery, make sure your home is ready for your recovery. A good plan includes:
- Remove possible obstacles such as area rugs, electrical cords, and other tripping hazards
- Choose a bed or bedroom with easy access to a bathroom
- Consider having pre-cooked and frozen meals
- Inform a nearby friend, relative or neighbor of an emergency plan
Getting Ready for the Hospital
Be sure to bring the following:
- Medicare or insurance cards
- List of current medications
- Contact information for family members or friends
- Advanced Home Health contact information
Advanced Home Health makes rehabilitation easy:
- Rehabilitation services are covered by Medicare
- Our licensed health care professionals provide services in the comfort of your home
- Working with your physician, our therapists and nurses personalize a recovery program that's designed specifically for your rehabilitation needs.
- Your plan is customized to your environment; ensuring safety with activities of daily living.
Getting Back to Your Life
Based upon your physician’s recommendation, a home exercise program will be developed and implemented following surgery.
It’s ideal to be aware of activities that can hinder the rehabilitative process:
- High impact stress
- High risk of injury
- Hazards contributing to falling or tripping